Welcome to the Metal Clay Academy
Here you will find everything you need to know about metal clay. We've collected together the best metal clay resources and information from the internet, metal clay teachers and experts around the World to provide you with this comprehensive source of information.
On the left there's a link to a page which explains what metal clay is. If you are a complete beginner, check out our metal clay beginners page. You'll find basic metal clay information, links to more metal clay resources and a useful article about how to work with metal clay without spending lots of money on tools and equipment. Advanced metal clay users will find inspiration and more challenging projects and information in these pages.
We've also collected lots of resources, suppliers and teachers of subjects allied to using metal clay. So if you're looking for beads to complement your metal clay creations, findings, wire or cord, glass, enamel or a whole host of other things, have a browse around.
Check back often to find out what's new in the world of metal clay, send us your questions and we'll add them to the FAQ page.
The latest issue of Metal Clay Artist Magazine is now available to buy from the Metal Clay Academy here. Packed with great articles, how-to tutorials and eye candy, it's the only print magazine dedicated to metal clay. Written for metal clay artists, by metal clay artists.
Volume 4 Issue 4 is the current issue
- An Artist in More Ways than One - Creating Art and the Tools of Artistry - An interview with Pam East
- Links in the Chain - 11 Artists Make the World a Better Place
- From Design to Cast Jewelry Line - Holly Gage
- Our Contributors Work
- Book Reviews by Pat Evans -
- The Compete Idiot's Guide to Selling your Crafts on Etsy by Marcia Lanyon Turner
- Polymer Clay Global Perspectives by Cynthia Tinapple
- In the Studio: With a Little Help from your Friends by Lora Hart
- Our Contributors' Work
- Motivating Moment: Goldie Bronze Contest
- Artist Profile, Vickie Hallmark by Julia Rai
- Product Showcase
- Nimbus Cloud Dome
- Pam East's Counterenamel, Articulatable Enameling Trivet and Universal Spatula
- Gallery of Work
- Studio Insights - The Importance of Value by Michael David Sturlin
- How To Projects:-
- Deux Petites Fleurs (Pretty Bronze Flower Rings) - Armelle Burbaud
- "Beyond" A hinged door locket hides a message inside - Tracey Spurgin
- Woodland Shield Pendant - Lesley Messam
The Perfect Present
If you're looking for the perfect present for the metal clay maniac in your life, have a look in our shops. We've now added a UK metal clay merchandise shop so whether you're based in the US or the UK, you can buy affordable metal clay related t-shirts, sweatshirts and other merchandise with fun metal clay slogans. Take a look now...
If you're a metal clay supplier or a teacher, make sure you're listed - it's free. Got a great metal clay tip? Send it in and we'll publish it with full credit to you.
And if you have a website, please add a link to the Metal Clay Academy to your site. Thanks!
We hope you enjoy the site.